Have questions about Georgia Tech AI4ALL? Check out some frequently asked questions below.
1. Do you offer a residential option?
- No, there is no residential option for students participating in Georgia Tech AI4ALL.
2. Will Georgia Tech AI4ALL be held in person in 2021?
- This program will be entirely online.
3. Will attending Georgia Tech AI4ALL improve my chances of getting into Georgia Tech?
- Participation in Georgia Tech AI4ALL does not guarantee admission into Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech’s undergraduate admissions process is separate and independent from the AI4ALL program. As with any extracurricular activity, participation in this program can help students present themselves as strong candidates. The fact that a student has participated in a given program, activity, or work is not in and of itself the value-add to their college application. What is most valuable is how students learn, grow, and develop their talents and curiosity because of these experiences.
4. Does Georgia Tech AI4ALL offer financial aid?
- Yes. Awards are allocated by need and typically take the form of partial and full scholarships. All students should complete the financial assistance section of the application with their parents/guardians, and upload all required income documentation (most recent pay stubs, etc.). Requesting a scholarship will in no way impact entrance into the Georgia Tech AI4ALL program.
5. Where is the financial aid application?
- There is no separate financial aid application. The financial aid section is located at the end of the application.
6. What is a sliding scale tuition? How does it work?
- A sliding scale tuition model means that your tuition is based on your family's Adjusted Gross Income. Your income places you into one of our income brackets. When completing the financial aid portion of the application, you will be asked to select the tuition fee that you are able to afford, taking into account family size and other extenuating factors.
- For people who make less than $90,000 per year, we require proof of your Adjusted Gross Income by providing a copy of a pay-check stub, or other proof of income. A two parent/guardian household must provide income documentation from both parties. If accepted into the Georgia Tech AI4ALL program, you and your family will receive your final tuition fee based on the information provided.
7. Who is eligible to apply?
- Georgia Tech AI4ALL is for rising 10th and 11th graders with an interest in computer science, and a passion for social good.
8. Can I send new materials after I submit the application?
- Students must fully complete the applications before submitting. No changes can be made after submission.
9. Can applicants skip ahead in the application?
- Yes. Applicants are able to skip ahead in the application. However, every field is required and must be completed.